Get Tree Fungus Removal in Virginia
Arlington | Fairfax | Alexandria | McLean | Springfield
Are you looking for tree fungus removal in Northern Virginia, Arlington, Fairfax, Alexandria, McLean, Springfield or the surrounding areas?
Unless you are a certified arborist, tree fungi can be very difficult to identify and treat. In fact, misdiagnosis can lead to further damage, putting other trees on your property in danger.
Continue reading to learn more about tree fungal infections and what potential fungus control solutions could work for you.
If you would like to speak with our team to answer questions and schedule a free estimate, give us a call at (703) 969-6207 or click below to contact us online!
Identifying a Fungal Disease
If you suspect that a fungal disease exists on one or more of your trees, it is time to call in a certified arborist. While some fungi are harmless (even beneficial) to tree health, others are deadly and can lead to internal rotting.
We emphasize the importance of working with a professional because your local arborist will be familiar with tree diseases and infestations in your region. Absolute Tree Service, Inc. is very experienced and familiar with tree concerns in Virginia.
The following symptoms are indicators that your tree may be suffering from a fungus:
- Wilting Leaves during any season
- Tree Cankers and Anthracnose which are dead areas and growths in between tissue and tree bark
- Powdery Mildew on limbs and bark
- Tree Rust that leaves white, red and yellow spots on different areas of the tree
Tree fungal infections can affect any area of your tree, falling into four main categories:
- Decay Fungus works from the inside out, deteriorating the internal bark of your tree. These are particularly dangerous because they compromise the stability of trees, weakening them and increasin the chance of falling
- Canker Fungus exists underneath healthy bark tissue, creating open wounds that spread to all areas of the tree. Sometimes slow growing, cankers cause splits in the wood that can ooze and appear as large growths on the exterior.
- Foliar Fungus infects the leaves, needles and other foliage of the tree. This is particularly a concern for fruit trees, as problems like apple tree fungus can deter the ability to produce consumable fruit.
- Vascular Fungus enters the tree through the vascular system, specifically where water and nutrients are distributed. This type of fungus can also weaken the stability of the tree quickly, damaging the interior before exterior symptoms are shown.
Only a professional can precisely identify the fungus at hand, assess the current damage and determine the appropriate course of action. Don’t put your tree or others at risk by ignoring the issue. Get the help you need with tree fungus removal.
Tree Fungus Treatment Solutions
Depending upon the extent of damage caused by the fungus, a certified arborist will recommend the best solution.
When working with tree fungal infections, the problem typically is larger than meets the eye. You cannot simply scrape off the visible fungus growth and expect a healthy tree. Fungi spores travel by air and land on trees, feeding of the tree’s nutrients to grow.
Our most common solution for fungus control is to apply an anti-fungal agent. This is a simple application to the tree that kills the existing fungus and prevents it from starting new growth.
In very rare cases, limbs or even the entire tree may need to be removed. This happens when the fungus goes unnoticed for long periods of time, allowing it to weaken and compromise stability.
Call Absolute Tree Today!
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a free estimate, give us a call today at (703) 969-6207 or click here to contact us online.
Absolute Tree Service, Inc. is a full service tree company, experienced with tree diseases and fungus in Northern Virginia and Montgomery County. Our team of certified arborists is licensed and skilled in tree fungus treatment. Whether maple tree fungus or cherry tree fungus, we have you covered.
We always recommend routine plant health care and maintenance. Having an arborist inspect your plants can catch problems like tree fungus before they get worse. Give us a call today and let us know what we can do for you!
Return to the Absolute Tree Service HOMEPAGE